What is the Building Bold Futures Campaign and how does it impact the mission of Penn-Mar?
As we all know too well, government funding alone does not allow human service organizations like Penn-Mar to go above and beyond.
In order to:
- Provide the best possible services to the people we support and their families
- Continually invest in our critically important Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) via our Career Ladders program and other initiatives
- Strengthen our organization both now and in the future
We need resources beyond the funding we receive from Maryland, Pennsylvania, and the Federal government.
How are the funds being used?
If you prefer a quick summary:
1. Enhancing Service Delivery – $1,500,000
- Launch a Belonging Initiative to better support, appreciate, recruit, and retain team members, so that everyone can experience a gratifying career path.
- Purchase 15 cars and 15 accessible vans to make transportation easier.
- Implement new technology, from better data management tools to assistive technology, that will improve the quality of life and increase independence for the people we support.
2. Growing the Michael James Pitts Endowment – $2,500,000
- This endowment supports our nationally recognized Career Ladders program for Direct Support Professionals.
- Career Ladders provides education, credentialling, and performance-based incentive pay to Penn-Mar’s most critical workforce, our Direct Support Professionals. Penn-Mar retains 82% of DSPs who have earned their credentials, ultimately enabling the people we support to live higher-quality lives.
3. Growing the General Endowment – $1,000,000
This endowment provides innovative funding that can be used wherever it’s needed most, allowing us to implement new methods of support as better approaches are discovered.
4. Completing Construction at the Far Hills Site – $2,500,000
Centralize Pennsylvania operations and reduce the expenses and challenges associated with running multiple locations.